So.....got in a mild battle with someone today because I said that I thought leashing children was cruel. This was after I saw a mother with a child on a leash go into a fitting room and purposely shut the kid outside the door, with the leash stuck in it so he couldn't move. I then proceeded to approach a coworker and strike up a conversation about it. I guess that this rubbed her the wrong way because she then started freaking out on me saying I didn't have any right to say that because I am not a mother and blah blah freaking blah. I don't care if you think leashes are awesome. It's called a conversation...try to have one like an adult, mmkay? I am so sick and tired of people telling me that I won't get it until I have kids. I may not understand what it feels like to push something the size of a small watermelon through my vag...or what it's like to have to wake up in the middle of the night to a screaming baby...but what I do understand is that children need discipline to thrive. This means not letting your children run around like maniacs, not ignoring them while they are conveniently leashed, AND not letting them get away with things that civilized people can't. How hard is that to GET???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG yes. Why don't we just not let anyone without kids become teachers cuz they clearly wont know how to deal with them, eh. Some people are so retarded.
I've had to deal with some of that lately with the pregnancy and people telling me how I'm going to feel and how things will change after we have her yadda yadda yadda. Yes baby's cry, it will be exhausting at times but no one can tell you how it's going to be because not only are all kids different but the way you parent the child and how you CHOOSE to handle being a parent is what matters. Just because it's normal for kids to have tantrums doesn't mean you have to teach them bad behaviors, you're supposed to teach them to make the most of things even when they don't get what they want or that there is a time and place for certian things. We all want happy kids not bratty kids. If they think that your opinion about leashes makes them a bad parent that's their problem and maybe they should be having more adult conversations about kids so they can get some ideas on how else to handle things. But when my kids turn out better than theirs (just like my pregnancy apparently) they can just suck it.
Post a Comment