Tuesday, March 31, 2009

a mandala of my emotions

We kissed, and you held me tight in your arms as we gazed into a starry night sky, dreaming of the days when we would own a small piece of land and a cute white house with blue old-fashioned shutters. I prayed that you would never let me go. Our love grew and soon I found myself looking up at those same stars through the sun roof of your car as you ran your hand over my bare skin and told me you loved me. All I wanted was you. I remember windows rolled down, the smell of hay, and a cool summer breeze on my body. You were exciting and handsome and I knew that I could never be without you. When you left, I swore I'd write you every day...and I did. Our love grew and felt as certain as the stars to shine. Time passed and like the small colored grains of sand in a mandala, our love was swept away and shown to not be unchanging. I had never loved anyone as much as you. Truth is, I haven't loved anyone as much as you since.

No comments: